Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Out and About - CN Tower

What a beautiful day here in Toronto! Darren and I decided that we would get out and do some sight-seeing of the 'big city' since the weather is now cooperating. It's finally warm enough to walk around and be comfortable - not shaking and shivering with every step!

Athough Darren had visited before (years ago), I had not, so we decided that we would take the 'grand tour' of the CN Tower. If I must say so myself, it was a wonderful experience! With my new lungs, I was able to experience everything 'normally' - able to walk the stairs, go outside in the wind - EVERYTHING!

After travelling up the elevator at 20 kms/hr and watching the ground get further and further away, Darren decided that he would test out the Glass Floor. As you can see, he quite enjoyed it - me on the other hand - I took a look down, but was NOT setting foot on the glass! Of course, Darren being his ol' dare devil self couldn't just walk out on the glass - he had to stretch out!


Once Darren had his fun on the Glass Floor, we went out on the Observation Deck. We thought it was windy in Newfoundland! I understand now why they have the railing and steel netting - LOL!

It was a little colder at that height - more so than I had expected - but we still had a blast! It was a little too cold to walk all the way around - should have dressed warmer - darn! Now we HAVE to go back - LOL.


After enjoying the sights and sounds of the Tower, Darren and I visited the 360 Restaurant and had a wonderful meal while revolving around the city! We took some photos and just enjoyed the view.

What a beautiful sight - but I bet it's even more beautiful at night! Maybe we will have to take another visit before leaving Toronto!

No comments: