Saturday, January 05, 2008

My two babies

I think the hardest part of this whole transplant thing is not only being away from family and friends (and of course our home) - but having to leave behind our two precious girls - Molly and Bertha! The picture above was taken a few days before we left to come to Toronto. How sweet are they? Cuddling up on the couch together!

Sadly the only 'good-bye' I got to say to my girlies was at the hospital when Darren dropped them off with our breeder. I HAD to say my good-byes, but having to do so in the hospital lobby just didn't cut it! I could tell they both knew something was wrong. Thankfully we have a wonderful breeder who graciously took in Molly and Bertha and has been caring for them since we've been gone! We keep in touch via email and phone - and everyone is doing just fine in NL. At least we don't have that to worry about!

It's still hard knowing they're home in NL without us. I know they are in excellent hands, and I would not make them suffer a plane trip here to Toronto - they are fine where they are - that's what I have to tell myself! Hopefully my wait won't be too much longer and I can get on the road to recovery and back home to my girls!

No comments: