Saturday, January 10, 2009

Time flies when you're having fun ...

I can't believe that 1 year has pretty much past already!  Darren and I have been in the process of booking flights and hotels for my 1 year assessment coming up on February 22 ... and just got confirmation from "our hotel" that we're back in our same ol' room ... where we spent 3 months of our lives in Toronto!  Kinda bitter sweet if I do say so myself.

I don't have any tests or my schedule as of yet ... but I'm anticipating that there'll be a few more tests than the usual check up ... and that's expected.  I've been feeling great since I've been transplanted ... apart from the tremendous weight gain!  Not that some of it wasn't welcomed ... but I got a little carried away ... now I'm stuck!  I really didn't ever think that I would complain about being over-weight ... it's a nice complaint ... sometimes .... LOL!  Problem is, I've been told to eat pretty much my entire life.  Living with CF, one always has the issue of lack of weight gain ... so we're constantly eating.  Now that I'm transplanted, my lungs do not have any strain, thus my body isn't working overtime to breath!  That being the case, I'm still eating the same amount that I did eat pre-transplant ... but of course, that's a bit too much for my "new body"!  Along with the meds ... I really have my work cut out for me to loose a few pounds ....

Good news is that I feel totally healthy ... but with that I have to be careful!  I may feel 110% ... but I can very easily catch a cold or flu ... and that can turn fatal!  So far Darren and I have been able to avoid and fight of any "bugs" that have come along ... just pray we can continue to do so for the winter season!!  

No comments: