Sunday, February 14, 2010

Love for Eva

Just following my transplant in 2008, I stumbled across Eva's blog, 65 Red Roses. Her passions, energy, and raw emotion is what drew me to continue reading and following her blog.

Eva received her double-lung transplant in October 2007 and learned that she was in chronic rejection just shy of 2 years post-transplant. She has been struggling with her health ever since and has recently posted a farewell video to her friends, family and blog followers.

http://65redroses.livejournal.com/134498.html

Eva's story is one of strength, determination, and courage. She is nearing the end of her life and as of today, I'm not sure of the status of her health. She is listed for another transplant, but age old question remains ... will those lungs come in time?!

Hearing of these situations always brings me back to 'reality' and the reality of CF. Yes, transplant is a wonderful option for the end stages of CF, but it's NOT A CURE! I feel too often that those unfamiliar with CF and transplant think differently ... and once the person is transplanted, then everything is OK!

I feel so hopeless that all we can do is pray and WAIT!

I'm grateful for having CF, learning what I have learned from it, the people I have met, the experiences and knowledge I have gained ...

... but I'm hating what CF does, more and more ...

Please pray for Eva and send her your love ... she NEEDS it!

No comments: