Wednesday, February 18, 2009

1 YEAR ASSESSMENT (Feb 22 2009)

I can't believe that 1 year has passed since I received my 'gift of life'!  It will be exactly 1 year on February 22 that I received my call and was transplanted ... thus starting or shall I say, re-starting my life!

Darren and I are heading back to Toronto on February 21 to start the assessment process.  I'll undergo test upon test to make sure things are still fine and that there is no infection or rejection.  We have a busy week ahead, but it will be great to check-in with the Transplant Team and Clinic, meet some old friends, and see how the "new transplants" are doing.  

Oddly enough I'm looking forward to the trip (and the tests) ... so far things have been great with my 'new additions' and I'm hoping that things will continue to stay stable.

No comments: