Sunday, February 22, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABIES!!


WOOHOO!! 1 year down ... many, many more to go!

We made it!! Yes, it's been 1 year since my double-lug transplant and I'm feeling great! Just 1 year ago ... right now, I was being prepped for surgery and awaiting my "new life"! Little did I know what a wild and wonderful year it would become!

To celebrate ... as I always do, we decided to have a HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY LUNGS party! It was down to the crunch, but I wanted a cake ... and a GOOD cake at that! I had an idea in my head, but because of work and the fact that I'm not a baker/cake decorator, I sent Darren on a mission with a tiny picture/drawing of what I wanted my cake to look like.

Living in a rural community, we often don't have the luxuries of a bit town ... but we make due ... and in fact I was TOTALLY impressed with the wonderful job that the ladies at Powell's Supermarket did, and how my cake turned out!!!

Needless to say, not only was I (and my "buddies") the talk of the party ... but my cake too! Can't wait for next year .. how will I out-do this???

No comments: