Friday, September 03, 2010

... AND SO THE FUN BEGINS

After 10 years of marriage, it looks like we're FINALLY going on a honeymoon - or well, at least a REAL vacation!

We made the decision to book a cruise and finally enjoy ourselves!

A couple of friends have already booked and we decided that for our first vacay, we would join them!  Needless to say, I'm pretty pumped about the whole thing!  It's something I have dreamed about - and to be honest, it's about time that we did something for ourselves.  Life is never going to be easy, and we are never going to be in a position that we can just spend, spend, spend ... so what the hell!  Life is short and you only go this way once [or in my case a few times :)].

We've booked on the Carnival Dream - a new ship with the Carnival Crusielines.  I've NEVER pictured myself on a cruise, but this particular one has a number of ports that I WANT to visit ... so in reality, we're getting 4 trips for the price of a cruise!  Can't go wrong there!


Look at that puppy!
I can already feel the warm ocean breeze and taste those wonderful drinks :)!

I'll post more details as they come - right now we're busy getting passports, appropriate medical stuff, vaccines, etc.  Oh the joys of an 'abnormal' life ... but an oh so wonderful one all the same.

No comments: