Thursday, May 01, 2008

Going Home??

Time is drawing near! My 3 moth post-transplant assessment has been moved up from May 22 to May 5!! If all tests results come back OK, we're hoping that we'll be on our way home! Next week will be a busy one for sure. Monday, May 5 is the worst day with the most tests and appointments - after that, things will be a breeze! Oh, and I have my Transplant Clinic on that day too!

There are a few tests that I'm not looking forward to - well, actually there's just 2. I'm still not too fond of the bronchoscopy, but they usually give me good drugs and I don't remember most of it (LOL)! There's also the 24-hour PH test that tests the level of acid in your stomach. To do this they insert a tube up your nose and into your stomach. It's to be left there overnight - hence the 24 hour bit. I've never had anything like this done before, and I'm not looking forward to it! Unfortunately it's something that can't be looked over - after all, I don't need acid getting into these new lungs!!

I spoke with one of the doctors on Monday about a return home date, but she didn't want to give me any information until she has the results of the bronchoscopy on Wednesday (May 7). I've had 3 done so far and all have come back negative for infection and rejection - we're hoping that the same will be true for this one!

Going home will be a big change - but a welcomed one! Time for Darren and I to get back to "life" with our two babies! I'm sure the first few weeks will be a whirlwind of excitement then it will be back to work for us both! To be honest, I can't wait to get back into the 'swing of things' - both personal and work wise!

No comments: