Friday, May 09, 2008

HOME COMING!

As of today, Friday, May 9, 2008 I've gotten the "all clear" to head home to NL!! Needless to say, Darren and I are super excited to finally get our lives back on track! We've booked our flight for Wednesday, May 14 and we're now counting down the days.

It's been one hell of a journey to say the least - but a very welcomed one! Without this life-saving "gift" I wouldn't have been able to enjoy my life let alone get to start it over! WOW! What a feeling - being able to get a second chance at life! Unbelievable!

We've been so blessed to have such supportive family and friends (new and old) - we wouldn't have been able to do it alone. It's been difficult living in Toronto on our own for the past 6 months, but knowing that we've had the support behind us got us through it! THANK YOU! In addition to those home and abroad - we also met some wonderful and life-long friends and fellow transplant recipients here in Toronto! We've been a support to each other!

This has been a life altering experience - and one that I'm so grateful for being able to enjoy! Yes, I did say enjoy! Although it's been a long and hard journey, it's been well worth it!

As you can see, I'm getting a little better at explaining this experience, but it's still difficult to put into words - I'm sure it will come over time! Just bear with me - LOL!

Well, its time to log off for the night - after all, we've got packing to do now - and it will probably take us until Wednesday to finish it (haha)!

I'll continue to update - as the fun has only begun ...

No comments: