Monday, May 05, 2008

3 Months!!

The week has started, and it's a busy one:

Monday: PFTs, CT Scan, x-ray, fasting blood work, Esophageal PH Test, TX Clinic
Tuesday: Esophageal Motility Test, physio/rehab
Wednesday: Bronchoscopy
Thursday: Bone Mineral Density Test, physio/rehab
Friday: Methocholine Test, meeting with TX Coordinator

Today was the busiest of the days - but luckily it's almost over. I was a bit worried (well, A LOT worried) about the PH test as I have this 'fear' of things being shoved down my throat. Luckily the nurse that did the test talked me through the whole thing - and it really wasn't all that bad. A few gags in the beginning, but nothing serious.

The test consisted of two parts - the first being a test that checked for the strength of the muscles in the stomach. The tube she used for this one was a little irritating and made me gag - but like I said, nothing too serious. The second part of the test lasts 24 hours! Right now I'm here sitting with a friggin' tube up my nose measuring the PH/acid in my stomach. It's a bit gross as the tube irritates a little, but I'll be at the hospital bright and early to get it removed!! The tests needs to check to see if the acid in my stomach is coming up my esophagus - if it is, it can damage the new lungs!! We DON'T want that!

At clinic today I did get some GREAT news! I got my clearance to fly! We're trying to get flights, etc. straightened out for next Wednesday - the only determining factor will be the bronch/biopsy results this coming Wednesday! We're not anticipating any setbacks - but of course, you always need to be prepared for such things.

Well, it's time to figure out what we have to send home and what needs to come with us! Fun times ahead!

Can't wait to get home!

No comments: