Friday, November 27, 2009

Amazing Day ...

After a 'week from hell', I just received the best news ... a new 'transplant family member' who received her new lungs almost 3 weeks ago is finally on the speedy road to recovery! After some set backs, things are moving along nice and quick ... she was moved from ICU to Stepdown yesterday and now to the 7th Floor today! FANTASTIC NEWS!

I saw a couple of pictures of her and she is looking wonderful! We're only chatted via email and I have been keeping constant contact with her mother via email also ... we were hoping to be able to meet in person when I go back to Toronto for my 2 year assessment in February 2010 ... but the way things are going, she may be home again by that time ... which I truly hope she is! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ASHLEY!! It's amazing how connected you can become without meeting in person!

Funny, I just read back on my last comment and noticed that it will be 2 YEARS since my TX in February! That's just crazy! I can't even recall all of the wonderful and exciting things that I've accomplished these past 2 years ... there have been just so many! I am so thankful for this wonderful second life I've been given ... there are still days that I just stop and think in amazement at the whole thing.

I've met so many wonderful and amazing people and wouldn't change any of it for the world ... I miss my CF and TX family :)


1 comment:

Jess said...

I'm glad you found my blog, figured I'd follow yours as well. Yay for two yrs post-transplant, I hope you get 20 more! I love my CF family!