Friday, November 20, 2009

Where has the time gone?

I've been so engulfed in 'life' that I've totally forgotten about my blog! I am going to try and post some past events and important dates ... finding the time is going to be an issue!

I've learned a few things in the past couple of weeks ... something that I had thought that I understood - not so! Being from a small town with only 80+ CF patients, one is often isolated and ignorant to the terrible things that this disease brings with it. Yes, I've learn of CFer's who have lost their battle with CF, but apart from my cousin in 1991, I haven't really been close to anyone. Not by choice ... but just the nature of this disease and the geographical issues. This has all changed since beginning my transplant journey.

I've met some of the most wonderful people ... and have had some great losses within these past 2 years. Something that I've been pretty sheltered from.

Living with CF hasn't been easy, but it has been a blessing (in disguise). I would not be the person that I am today if it were not for this 'horrid' disease. Life is unpredictable during the best times ... let alone tossing CF into the mix. Obviously I WANT a cure, but to be honest, I wouldn't change anything at this point! Strange hey? It's quite hard to explain - unless you've lived it and loved it!

I know my journey with these new lungs has just begun ... I've been able to do so much within the past 21 months that I would never have been able to do before. I know sometimes that I take things for granted and that I often feel invincible ... but for me, that's a part of survival.

For me, I've lived one journey, now I've been blessed to be able to experience another ... sometime not a lot of people have the opportunity to do ...

No comments: