Sunday, April 17, 2011

Back Under the Needle ... Tattoo # 7 (and counting)

April 16, 2011 - Tat #7
I didn't lie when I said I was getting yet another tattoo :)!  Yup, #7 has started ... and I can't wait to see the finished work of art!  This will complete my back ... making it an entire piece!

I've decided to add the dragon to complement my phoenix.  In Japanese and Chinese history, both resemble the yin/yang.  My tattoo artist found a beautiful dragon and the colors are amazing!  But everyone will have to wait until the color is added before I post any other pics :)!

As you can see, I've added the dragon and some Japanese flowers ... lily, water lily, etc.  I'm actually covering up my previous lily tattoo ... I wasn't pleased with it right from the start, even after having it re-done.  So the only thing I've asked my tattoo artist to do is incorporate the Stargazer Lily and the symbol for "inner strength".  The outline above isn't complete as of yet ... as we decided (when the first sitting was done) that a tail and Japanese fan are in order ... lol!

Keep posted for the next sitting ... EXCITING!!

No comments: