Friday, April 08, 2011

Up to My Old Tricks Again

Well, well, well ... looks like I've fallen right back into my old rut again ... on all levels!

The only thing I dislike about living in Newfoundland is the winter weather.  I'm not the real "out doorsy" person and don't really enjoy the baffling wind and snow.  Hence, I keep myself isolated inside, be it at work or home ... resulting in me feeling like crap.  Well, good news is, the weather seems to be getting better and as with anyone, the sunshine is always welcomed!

So, guess my next step is to get myself back into shape ... AGAIN!  Now, not that I was really in shape before, but at least I was moving and doing something.  It's this rut that I hate the most.  I feel so guilty for not be as active as I can be ... after all, these new lungs were not only a new life, but a very precious gift.  But as of TODAY, I've made a new commitment to my "buddies" ... healthy living.  Oh boy, do I ever had my work cut out for me!

First on the list is eating right and getting my sugars under control.  Then I need to add in the exercise.  It doesn't sound so threatening when you look at it, but coming from someone who ate WHATEVER I wanted for 30 years, and didn't do a whole lot (if any) exercising ... this is a daunting task.  And to add insult to injury, my mind and lungs are going full force, but my body can't keep up ... frustrating!!!!

Nevertheless ... it's time to get myself out of this rut!  Wish me luck :)!

No comments: