Sunday, August 22, 2010

30 MONTHS AGO ...

30 months; 2 and a half years ago today, I was waking from surgery!  I had received the ultimate gift ... a second chance at life!

I don't remember too much from the following days, but I remember this day so clearly!  What stands out, and has stood out, is the difference in my breathing.  Although I had been intubated, I can still remember the easy that there was with breathing ... and that I didn't feel congested AT ALL!

It was the next morning that they removed the tube and that's when I REALLY noticed the difference!!  Amazing, unbelievable, there are just no words to describe it, even to this day!

What is most amazing, is the generosity of my donor and their family.  Only if you've had this experience can you really, truly, be inspired by the kindness of some individuals.  Although it's against protocol, I would love to meet my donor's family and learn of the person who gave me my new, wonderful life ... maybe someday by chance ... who knows.

I think my picture shows the excitement [even with all the meds] that I was feeling to wake up with a new life!  There will never be anything to top this feeling and the joy I've experienced since that day!


For those who are not donors, please re-consider and help save someone's life!  Newfoundland and Labrador DOES have an organ procurement and exchange program.  If you want to learn more about this and other organ donations options, please click the link above!

PLEASE DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN, HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE!

No comments: