Monday, August 23, 2010

WHAT WAS

I was just looking through some of my pictures that I had pre-transplant, and thinking about what life was like at that time.  To be honest, I can't remember too much about that time ... blame it on the lack of oxygen, or just my body and mind blocking it out. 


This is a picture of me just 2 days before I got my call.  I'm not sure how much more my body could have held on ... luckily, those lungs came right on time!  As you can see, I was pretty much confined to a wheel chair to get around ... not something that I was too comfortable with ... but I could barely dress myself or get to the bathroom without getting severely out of breath, seeing black spots and having the wonderful pounding headache from the lack of oxygen.

Never the less, I kept on smiling ...

No comments: